When it comes to advancing your career in networking, a CCNP Enterprise certification is a significant step up the ladder. This article focuses specifically on the CCNP ENCOR exam of this certification – the CCNP Enterprise ENCOR. Throughout this comprehensive guide, you’ll become familiar with the CCNP ENCOR exam topics that will bring you one step closer to unlocking a world of opportunities in the field of networking.
As we delve into the CCNP ENCOR exam topics, bear in mind that our primary goal is to help you succeed. Given that, let’s first tackle the basic structure of the CCNP ENCOR examination.
CCNP ENCOR Examination Overview
The Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Enterprise certification comprises two exams. One is a core exam – the ENCOR (Enterprise Core), which is mandatory. The second is a concentration exam chosen from a list of subjects according to individual preference or professional needs.
The 350-401 CCNP ENCOR exam, designed by Cisco, focuses on your knowledge of enterprise infrastructure, including dual-stack (IPv4 and IPv6) architecture, virtualization, infrastructure, network assurance, security, and automation. The test has 90-110 questions and lasts 120 minutes.
Exam Topic Breakdown
1. Architecture (15%)
This topic focuses on different design principles used in an enterprise network. It includes areas such as:
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN) – A comprehensive understanding of SDN concepts, architecture, and design is essential, with a focus on Cisco’s DNA Center, Software-Defined Access (SD-Access), and Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN).
- WAN – The principles of designing and managing a Wide Area Network, the benefits and limitations of public and private WAN options, and how to choose the right one for your organization are discussed under this subject.
- Wireless – A firm grasp of wireless deployment models, their uses, benefits, and challenges, is a requirement under this heading.
2. Virtualization (10%)
Virtualization is a critical part of modern networking. This section includes:
- Device Virtualization Technologies – This includes topics like Device Contexts, Virtual Network Functions (VNF), and data path virtualization.
- Data Path Virtualization Technologies – This consists of understanding topics such as VLAN, VXLAN, and GRE tunneling.
3. Infrastructure (30%)
A key aspect of the exam, Infrastructure, includes:
- Layer 2 – Topics such as VLANs, trunking, EtherChannel, and Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) are covered.
- Layer 3 – The focus here is on routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP, as well as IPSLA, tracking objects, and more.
- Wireless – Topics include wireless protocols, Roaming, and Location Services.
4. Network Assurance (10%)
Under Network Assurance, the exam focuses on:
- Diagnostic tools and commands – Candidates need to know how to use debugging, conditional debugs, ICMP Echo-based IP SLA, and other tools to diagnose and rectify network problems.
- SNMP and Syslog – Understanding how to utilize SNMP and Syslog for network monitoring and reporting is also tested.
5. Security (20%)
Security is crucial in any networking environment. This topic includes:
- Infrastructure Security Features – Topics like ACLs, CoPP, and DHCP Snooping are included here.
- Rest APIs – Understanding how to secure Rest APIs is also important.
6. Automation (15%)
Automation is becoming increasingly important in networking. This part of the exam includes:
- Data encoding formats – JSON and XML encoding formats are part of this exam topic.
- Network Configuration Tools – Understanding tools such as Ansible and Puppet is key here.
Now that we have an understanding of the CCNP ENCOR exam topics, let’s focus on the strategies to ace this exam.
Study Strategies for CCNP ENCOR Exam
Preparing for the CCNP ENCOR exam involves a robust study plan. Here are some strategies you could adopt:
- Understand the Exam Objectives – The first step is to familiarize yourself with the exam objectives and the topics. It’s essential to understand what you’re expected to know.
- Get Hands-on Experience – There’s no better way to understand networking than by doing. Ensure you get as much hands-on practice as possible.
- Use Study Guides and Textbooks – Numerous study guides and textbooks are available that can help deepen your understanding of the CCNP ENCOR exam topics.
- Take Practice Exams – Practice exams are an excellent way to prepare. They provide a glimpse of the actual exam format and help you understand where you stand.
- Join Study Groups – Study groups offer the opportunity to share knowledge and experiences, clarify doubts, and gain a broader perspective on the CCNP ENCOR exam topics.
Unlocking the CCNP ENCOR exam topics requires dedication, a solid study plan, and a good understanding of what the exam entails. The right resources and preparation strategies can make the process much easier. With our in-depth study program, you’ll be well equipped to conquer the CCNP ENCOR exam topics and take a significant stride forward in your networking career. Best of luck with your certification journey!
Want to know how the average CCNP Security Salary? Read our blog article that we unpack the various attributes that impact compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions for CCNP ENCOR
What is the format of the CCNP ENCOR exam?
The CCNP ENCOR (350-401) exam consists of 90-110 questions. The exam duration is 120 minutes. The questions are primarily multiple-choice, but there might also be drag-and-drop, fill-in-the-blank, and simulation questions.
What topics are covered in the CCNP ENCOR exam?
The CCNP ENCOR exam is designed to test your knowledge of enterprise infrastructure. The topics include Architecture (15%), Virtualization (10%), Infrastructure (30%), Network Assurance (10%), Security (20%), and Automation (15%).
What is the best way to study for the CCNP ENCOR exam?
Studying for the CCNP ENCOR exam should include a mix of theoretical learning and practical experience. Use study guides and textbooks for theoretical knowledge, get hands-on experience to understand practical applications, take practice exams to familiarize yourself with the exam format, and join study groups for shared learning and doubt clarification.
Do I need to have any specific prior certifications to appear for the CCNP ENCOR exam?
While there are no formal prerequisites for CCNP certification, it’s recommended that you have at least three to five years of experience implementing enterprise networking solutions.
How does the CCNP ENCOR exam relate to the overall CCNP Enterprise certification?
The CCNP ENCOR is the core exam for the CCNP Enterprise certification. In addition to this exam, you also need to pass one of the concentration exams of your choice to obtain the CCNP Enterprise certification.
What kinds of hands-on experience should I get before taking the CCNP ENCOR exam?
ou should try to get hands-on experience with enterprise networking solutions. This could include configuring and troubleshooting VLANs, implementing routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP, working with network monitoring tools such as SNMP and Syslog, and working with network configuration tools like Ansible and Puppet.