With so many IT skills to learn, a big question we often see is what CompTIA certification path should I take? The best CompTIA order of study, beginner-level to advanced, is categorized below.
Our list includes career paths in cybersecurity, the Cloud, IT infrastructure, and more. Additionally, some recommendations we list as beginner-friendly are normally categorized as “mid-level,” and we also list recommendations of supplemental certifications.
In addition, we also know that every student’s CompTIA certification path will look different. Some students may be starting completely from scratch in IT while others are seeking specific certifications, but this is what we recommend.
Beginner Certifications when seeking entry-level IT jobs:
- ITF+ Information Technology Fundamentals
- Cloud Essentials+
Mid-Level Certifications for mid-career IT positions:
Want to see what our proven studies can do? Coupled with his existing experience, our CompTIA certification path worked great for one student. Read this case study about how Anthony used our training for a promotion and a salary increase!
Advanced IT Career Certifications:
- CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst
- CASP+ CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
Get the best value in CompTIA training by grabbing our CompTIA Training Series here!
Non-CompTIA Certification Paths we also highly recommend, organized by experience level:
- Entry-level: Azure Microsoft AZ-900, MTA Microsoft Technology Associate MTA 98-365, MTA 98-366 & MTA 98-367
- Mid-level: Cisco CCNA & AWS Amazon Web Services Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Advanced: Cisco CCNP, Cloud Security Alliance CCSK Cloud Computing Security Knowledge & MCSE Microsoft Certified Professional
- Executive-level: ISACA CISM Certified Information Security Manager
Ready to prepare for an IT career? Call ITU Online Training at (855) 488-5327, or email email@example.com for more guidance.